NTC Calendar
Kahurangi National Park
Grade: Fit
Event Status: Cancelled Hits : 844
To Monday 02 June 2025
Cost: $18
Trip Leader:
Email:
.png)
Description
With high winds, rain and potentially snow forecast for the weekend I'm going to cancel this trip.
Might do a pop-up day hike instead.
________________
Will firm up details closer to the time once weather / group known.
Options currently under consideration:
Option One
Day one: Flora Car park to Ellis Hut via Mount Arthur Track
Day two: Explore basin then hike out the reverse of day one
Option Two
Day one: Flora Car park to Ellis Hut via Mount Arthur Track
Day two: Take a full day to explore basin
Day three: Hike out the reverse of day one
Option Three
Day one: Flora Car park to Ellis Hut via Mount Arthur Track, Explore Basin
Day Two: Ellis Hut to Mount Arthur Summit, out to Flora Car Park
Exploring the basin
The route to the Twins is now marked part of the way, however it's 4.5 hours one way to the South Summit and past the bushline there's lots of tomos and gaps.
So the most likely outcome is we follow the marked route to the bushline, admire the view and turn back.
I don't have snow skills experience so this will only go ahead if they are not required.
Will probably also cancel if heavy rain in the days prior.
Finally I won't have a car this weekend, so will need someone else to volunteer.
Map Series: BQ24 Registration ONLINE REGISTRATIONS are not currently available for this trip. Please contact the Trip Leader to book onto this trip. , Trip Capacity: 5, Waiting List Space: 5
