From the car park off Uruwhenua Road, Upper Takaka, follow the historic Kill Devil packhorse trail up a series of zig zags to the ridge line. Stop at Tin Hut for a short break then follow along the ridge towards Waingaro Forks Hut but take a track east to Riordans Hut.
Riordans Hut was built in 1926 by brothers Laurie and Fred Riordan as a musterers hut. The Riordans ran 2000 wethers in the area before grazing ceased in the late 1950s. The hut was renovated in 2003.
Approx 4-5 hours walk with climb of 7- 800m. Return the same way more quickly!.
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS are not currently available for this trip. Please contact the Trip Leader to book onto this trip.